There are so many things to consider when planning a styled shoot and I am sure the process of it all has you stressed already so here are some things you should definitely consider before you get started.
1. If you have a laser focused goal or vision in mind ditch the collaboration and pay vendors to execute what you want. When you are collaborating there are limits to how you can tell people to do their job vs when you are paying them to work for you.
2. If you do decide to collaborate have an agreement between all Vendors .
3. Outline goals and expectations upfront.
4. Create a vision board for cohesion and distribute to the style shoot team.
5. If you want to be published , you need people (models ) to tell a story, editors look for that.
6. For publication editors want more vertical shots than horizontal , you will need to communicate this to your photographer.
7. Details details details, Think paper, food, jewelry, signage, hair accessories, signage all the little details.
8. Create a look and design that's unique to your style and what you want to attract more of.
9. Create a timeline, so that the day goes smoothly, this is a serious production you are planning.
10. If you choose to work with a photographer in collaboration be sure to outline the process for how the photos will be distributed, what is the turn around time.
11. If you are going for publishing discuss this with the vendor team upfront. Also consider that if exclusive publication is your goal some vendors may not want to participate as the turn around to wait to see if the shoot gets accepted may not be worth their exchange of time and resources.
I hope these tips get you all set on your way for planning an amazing styled shoot.
Shaun Cox of www.TheShaunCox.com. Shaun Cox is a Wedding Planner , Wedding Industry Mentor based in
offering training, consulting and education of Wedding Planners and wedding creatives nationwide. Shaun Cox is the owner of Cue the Champagne Event Planning + Design Chattanooga and Cleveland Tennessee Premier
Wedding Planning and Event Studio Owned by Coordinator and Senior Wedding and Event Planner Shaun Cox.
Cue the Champagne Event Planning + Design offers Wedding Day Event Management Services formerly known as Day of Wedding Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning Services, Elopement Planning and Event Design Services for all your Social and Corporate Events.
Cue The Champagne Event Planning + Design caters to Weddings and Events
in Cleveland Tennessee, Chattanooga Tennessee, and surrounding Tennessee, North Georgia Wedding locations and Worldwide.
Thanks for jumping on the blog and checking everything out ! You know this blogging stuff is important, I share that with you all the time so be sure that after you are finished up here you hop on over to your own blog and get things going over there to boost your own seo! Now enough lecture , let's get to the good stuff, carry out and enjoy your stay. XOXO- Shaun